Florida Department of Education Open Government Bill of Rights
The Florida Department of Education, pursuant to Executive Order 07-242, has adopted the following Open Government Bill of Rights that guarantees the right of access to public meetings and records is safeguarded and protected.
- The public is entitled to be treated with respect, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Public records requests do not have to be made in writing unless a specific statute requires otherwise.
- Individuals requesting public records do not have to identify themselves to receive information.
- Receipt of all public record requests shall be acknowledged promptly and in good faith as required by section 119.07(1)(b), Florida Statutes.
- Fees shall not exceed the amount authorized by section 119.07(4), Florida Statutes, unless another amount is expressly authorized by law. In that case, the statute imposing such a requirement shall be cited.
- The public has the right to an itemized invoice of proposed fees or fees charged.
- Access to public records and meetings are rights secured under sections 119.07(1) and 286.011, Florida Statutes, and Article 1, Section 24, Florida Constitution.