|Text Index||Custom Search|
Florida's Digital Instructional Materials Work Group
If you have difficulty accessing the files below, and need this information, please contact the Office of Communications at 850-245-0413.
April 11, 2013 Webinar
- April 11, 2013 Webinar Draft Report (PDF, 441KB)
March 1, 2013 Webinar
- March 1, 2013 Webinar Draft Report (PDF, 683KB)
January 23, 2013 WebinarIntroduction to Blackboard xpLor
Call-In Number: 866-290-9533
Conference ID: 910 832 2326
- To join the online meeting, go to https://blackboard.webex.com/blackboard/j.php?ED=210287842&UID=0&PW=NN2Y1OGE4MzZh&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D and click "Join."
January 14, 2013 WebinarPresentation by Dr. Mark Edwards, superintendent of North Carolina's Mooresville Graded School District, on moving to digital instructional materials.
- To join the 2 p.m. online meeting, go to https://suncom.webex.com/suncom/j.php?ED=165000742&UID=1291573662&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D and click "Join."
December 7, 2012 Webinar
- December 7, 2012 Webinar Agenda (Word, 26KB)
- To join the online meeting, go to https://suncom.webex.com/suncom/j.php?ED=165000742&UID=1291573662&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D and click "Join."
December 6, 2012 Webinar
- December 6, 2012 Webinar Agenda (Word, 26KB)
- To join the online meeting, go to https://suncom.webex.com/suncom/j.php?ED=165458022&UID=1293918572&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D and click "Join."
November 27, 2012 Webinar
- November 27, 2012 Webinar (WMV, 292MB)
- FADIMA Presentation (WMV, 53MB)
- Additional Resources
- Florida Center for Instructional Technology - Technology Integration Matrix
- State Education Policy Center (SEPC): Database of state policies related to education and technology developed by the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA)
- Mobile Device Management and Bring Your Own Device in Education Environments - White paper prepared by Kaseya from THE Journal (requires registration)
November 20, 2012 Webinar
- Presentation by Huntsville Alabama School District moving to digital instructional materials.
(Presentation postponed - it will be rescheduled at a later date.)
November 13, 2012 Webinar
- November 13, 2012 Webinar Agenda (Word, 26KB)
- Teacher Professional Development Presentation (PowerPoint, 2MB)
November 2, 2012 Webinar
- November 2, 2012 Webinar Agenda (Word, 26KB)
- November 2, 2012 Webinar (WMV, 471MB)
- Technology Practices and STAR Charts (Word, 50KB)
October 23, 2012 Webinar
- October 23, 2012 Webinar Agenda (Word, 26KB)
- Draft Goals (Word, 37KB)
- Additional Resources
- Digital Learning Now! Smart Series
- Digital Learning Now! 10 Elements of High Quality Digital Learning
- The Digital Textbook Playbook
- The National Education Technology Plan
- From Paper to Pixel: Digital Textbooks and Florida Schools (PDF) - prepared by Partnerships for Advancing Library Media (PALM) Center
- The PAGE Plan (Parents Advancing Global Education) (Word, 200KB)
- October 23,2012 Webinar (WMV, 406MB)
September 25, 2012 Meeting
- September 25, 2012 Meeting Agenda (Word, 25KB)
- Workgroup Overview (PowerPoint, 741KB)
- Timeline (Word, 159KB)
- Instructional Materials Overview (PowerPoint, 679KB)
- Technology Overview (PowerPoint, 1MB)
- PARCC (PowerPoint, 1MB)
- Professional Development (PowerPoint, 158KB)
- Funding (PDF, 169KB)
House Bill 5101 established the Digital Instructional Materials Work Group during the 2012 Legislative Session to ensure that Florida's school districts are ready for the digital instructional material requirements that begin in 2015.
The work group is charged with submitting a report to the Governor, Legislature, and State Board of Education by March 1, 2013. The report will include an implementation plan and must specify:
- options for providing access for students
- options for providing content by subject area
- provisions for training and professional development for teachers
- a detailed review of options for funding, including prioritizing existing resources and recommendations for new funding
The list of members of the Digital instructional Materials Work Group is below.
|Grade Levels Taught||Number of Schools||Affiliation||County|
|Shirley Baker||Middle School Principal||Everitt Middle School||Bay|
|Joe Binswanger||School District Instructional Content||Sarasota County School District||Sarasota|
|Steven Birnholz||Business||Florida Council of 100||Hillsborough|
|Connie Collins||High School Principal||Crooms Academy of Information Technology||Seminole|
|Tom Dana||Postsecondary Education||University of Florida||Alachua|
|Sharyn Gabriel||Middle School Principal||Ocoee Middle School||Orange|
|Kim Kendall||Parent||Parent||St. Johns|
|Gary Weidenhamer||School District Instructional Technology||Palm Beach County School District||Palm Beach|
Florida 2.0 Digital Learning Group
At its March 27, 2012, meeting, the State Board of Education requested the creation of a plan to ensure Florida remains a national leader in digital learning. The result is the Florida 2.0 Digital Learning Group - a taskforce of state educators, parents, business and community leaders who will work with national and international policy experts to help shape education's digital future.
|Purpose:||Harness the power of digital learning to prepare each and every Sunshine State student for college and challenging 21st century careers|
|Goals:||Develop a comprehensive plan to accomplish three goals by the 2014-15
Florida 2.0 Digital Learning GroupRecommendations presented to the State Board of Education on May 10, 2012 (PDF, 140KB)
April 24 - 25, 2012
EpiCenter at St. Petersburg College
Florida 2.0 Digital Learning Group Meeting Materials (PDF, 145KB)
Digital Learning Group Real Time Report (PDF, 2MB)
Presentation - Mario Franco, Minister of Mobile Communications, Portugal (PowerPoint, 6MB)
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Commissioner's Welcome and Overview (Windows Media 315MB)
- 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Subcommittee Breakout Sessions
- 4:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- 4:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Group Reconvenes and Subcommittees Report (Windows Media 89MB)
- 6:00 p.m.
Dinner on Your Own
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Commissioner's Remarks (Windows Media 255MB)
- 9:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Subcommittee Breakout Sessions
- 10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Group Reconvenes for Polling (Windows Media 106MB)
- 12:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Subcommittees Break to Prioritize Strategic Recommendations
- Quality Instruction (Windows Media 130MB)
- Instructional Reform (Windows Media 147MB)
- Infrastructure Subcommittee (Windows Media 194MB)
- 3:30 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- 3:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Group Reconvenes for Polling and Final Recommendations (Windows Media 290MB)
- 5:00 p.m.
- Subcommittee on Infrastructure Webinar April 18, 2012 (Windows Media 389MB)
- Subcommittee on Institutional Reform Webinar April 19, 2012 (Windows Media 571MB)
- Subcommittee on Quality Instruction Webinar April 20, 2012 (Windows Media 414MB)
You will find more information on the taskforce below.
- Press Release
- Florida 2.0 Digital Learning Group Agenda (PDF, 76KB)
- Florida 2.0 Digital Learning Group Technology Partners Online Registration
- Digital Learning Group Quality Instruction Webinar PowerPoint (PDF, 104KB)
- Digital Learning Group Infrastructure Webinar PowerPoint (PDF, 96KB)
- Digital Learning Group Institutional Reform Webinar PowerPoint (PDF, 113KB)