Fixed Capital Outlay
What is the Office of Fixed Capital Outlay?The functions provided by Fixed Capital Outlay are defined in Chapter 1013, Florida Statutes, and include the following:
- Administration of all fixed capital outlay programs including the Public Education Capital Outlay and Debt Service (PECO) Trust Fund, Capital Outlay and Debt Service (CO&DS) Trust Fund, Classrooms For Kids Program, and Charter School Capital Outlay Program.
- Prepare the Commissioner's Annual K-20 Fixed Capital Outlay Legislative Budget Request.
- Provide monthly distributions of cash to education agencies for project expenditures.
- Make available to boards, including the State Board of Education, technical assistance relating to capital outlay funding.
- Perform any other functions that may be involved in educational facilities, education and capital improvement which shall ensure that the intent of the Legislature is implemented
The Fixed Capital Outlay is established to serve all public education agencies throughout the State of Florida consisting of 67 public school districts, the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind, 28 public colleges, 12 state universities, the Division of Blind Services and Public Broadcasting.
Should you have any questions relating to Educational Facilities Budgeting, please call or write to the address above, or send an e-mail to:
Fixed Capital Outlay Links
- Office Information
- Online Forms & Manuals
- PECO Capital Projects Plans
- Appropriations History and Projections
- K-3 Classroom Size Reduction Appropriation
- Charter School Capital Outlay
- Special Facilities Construction (PDF, 39KB)
- Cost of Construction
- Motor Vehicle License Revenue (MVLR or CO&DS)
- Quick References
- Smart Schools Clearing House
- Federal Bond Programs
- Educational Facilities Home Page
- Classrooms for Kids Monthly Disbursement
824 Turlington Building
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
Fax: (850) 245-9135