|Text Index||Custom Search|
Best Practices Criteria
- Program/strategy has been in operation at a community college within the state of Florida for at least two years OR Program/strategy has been identified or recognized publicly and/or has received awards, honors or mentions
- Program/strategy has met or set new standards or introduced innovative practices
- Program/strategy has led to quality or process improvement, improved efficiency, lowered costs or addressed a particular problem within the institution
- Program/strategy outcomes have been evaluated and documented
- Program/strategy shows results that are sustainable over a period of time
- Program/strategy has broad impact, applicability, and provides benefits to educational practice that are adaptable beyond the current setting in which it was implemented
Guidelines and Procedures for Submissions
- Step 1: Identify a Best Practice at your college.
- Step 2: Seek approval of Best Practice through a college-designated authority. The college president is the default designated authority. He or she may appoint a college-designated authority to approve Best Practices submission(s).
- Step 3: Upon approval, designated authority submits a completed Best Practice Form to Liam McClay at . Directions for submission are listed on the form. The deadline for all Best Practices submissions is Tuesday, August 29, 2013. Each institution may present up to two (2) Best Practices.
- Step 4: Once received, the Division of Florida Colleges will confirm receipt and approval of the Best Practices program with the designated authority.
- Step 5: The Division of Florida Colleges will review program content.
- Step 6: Colleges chosen for Best Practices will be notified by the Chancellor's Office once official selections have been determined.
- Step 7: The 2013 Best Practices submissions will be placed on the website following the 64th Annual Association of Florida Colleges Convention where the winners of this year's Best Practices will be announced during opening session.
If you have any questions concerning this site or want to report an error please e-mail .