The Florida College System Foundation
Home | Scholarships |
Major Initiatives & Events | Contacts |
College Links | Donations (Word, 49KB)
Endowments: (Permanently Restricted)
- Bank of America "Dream Makers" Scholarship Award. The Dream Makers Scholarship was established through a generous contribution of $1 million from NationsBank (now Bank of America) and matched equally by the State of Florida through the Dr. Philip Benjamin Matching Program. The gift created a $2 million endowment to award scholarships annually to first-generation in college students to cover tuition, books, fees and childcare at each of Florida's 28 colleges. Since inception this scholarship has awarded $771,372 in scholarships to students.
- Florida Blue (formerly Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida) gave a $2.5 million gift to establish a Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship. With matching funds from the State Legislature through the Dr. Philip Benjamin Matching grant a $5 million endowment was established. The annual earnings from the endowment are projected to provide scholarships for 200 nursing and allied health students. Since inception this scholarship has awarded $2,136,372 in scholarships to students.
- Helios Education Foundation established a $9,000,000 endowment with matching funds from the Florida legislature to provide scholarships for first-generation in college students. The scholarship gives preferences to those students pursuing a degree in education. Since inception this scholarship has awarded $2,783,587 in scholarships to students.
Grants: (Temporarily Restricted)
- Core to College is a three-year grant to increase knowledge and awareness of the Common Core State Standards and Partnership for the Assessment of College and Careers. The $720,000 grant is sponsored by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc. The funds will primarily be used to fund K12-high school faculty and our college faculty to convene and define college ready.
- Credit When it's Due is a partnership between the State University System and the Florida College System. The $495,000 Credit When It's Due grant from Helios Education Foundation complements and expands current efforts to boost college completion rates, and provides students with a meaningful stepping stone toward completing their baccalaureate degree. This grant will help the Florida College System reimage its practices to help students achieve their dreams. This initiative builds on existing articulation policies and promotes a new level of collaboration between the FCS and State University System. Students who transferred from a FCS institution to a State University System institution prior to completing the associate degree will be awarded the associate in arts degree from the FCS institution, upon meeting degree requirements.
- Completion By Design is a $400,000 two year grant for state level policy and advocacy work related to the Completion by Design initiative. Miami Dade College is also participating in the initiative which is focused on multi-layered strategies to improve student success.
- Phi Theta Kappa Each year, a Phi Theta Kappa All-Florida Academic Team is named to recognize outstanding students in The Florida College System. This distinction is given to honor their academic achievement, leadership and service to the community. The Chancellor of The Florida College System and college presidents, in partnership with the PTK Florida Region hosts an annual event to recognize members of the All-Florida Academic Team.
- Chancellor's Leadership Seminar The Foundation supports a leadership seminar designed for college administrators who aspire to be senior managers or presidents to "grow our own" future leaders.
- Board of Trustees Reception The Foundation sponsors an annual recognition event in Tallahassee at the Governor's Mansion for our college Trustees and Presidents.