|Text Index||Custom Search|
Best Practices Criteria
- Program/strategy has been in operation at a community college within the state of Florida for at least two years OR Program/strategy has been identified or recognized publicly and/or has received awards, honors or mentions
- Program/strategy has met or set new standards or introduced innovative practices
- Program/strategy has led to quality or process improvement, improved efficiency, lowered costs or addressed a particular problem within the institution
- Program/strategy outcomes have been evaluated and documented
- Program/strategy shows results that are sustainable over a period of time
- Program/strategy has broad impact, applicability, and provides benefits to educational practice that are adaptable beyond the current setting in which it was implemented
Guidelines and Procedures for Submissions
- Step 1: Identify a Best Practice at your college.
- Step 2: Seek approval of Best Practice through a college-designated authority. The college president is the default designated authority. He or she may appoint a college-designated authority to approve Best Practices submission(s).
- Step 3: Upon approval, designated authority submits a completed Best Practice Form to Liam McClay at . Directions for submission are listed on the form. The deadline for all Best Practices submissions is Monday, August 25, 2014. Each institution may present up to two (2) Best Practices.
- Step 4: Once received, the Division of Florida Colleges will confirm receipt and approval of the Best Practices program with the designated authority.
- Step 5: The Division of Florida Colleges will review program content.
- Step 6: Colleges chosen for Best Practices will be notified by the Chancellor's Office once official selections have been determined.
- Step 7: The 2014 Best Practices submissions will be placed on the website following the 65th Annual Association of Florida Colleges Convention October 29-31, 2014, where the winners of this year's Best Practices will be announced during opening session.
If you have any questions concerning this site or want to report an error please e-mail .