FLORIDA AUTOMATED SYSTEM FOR TRANSFERRING EDUCATIONAL RECORDS
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
OFFICE OF APPLICATION SUPPORT (OAS)
Effective: December 11, 2011
2011-2012 FASTER Implementation Issues
This year's implementation of the new version of the FASTER System will go into production at 8:00 am Sunday morning, December 11, 2011. However, the changeover will actually begin on Friday, the 9th.
- After 6:00 am Friday morning, December 9th, the System will no longer accept transcripts for posting to addressee mailboxes; all transcripts to be posted under the old formats must be sent out before that time.
- You may, though, continue to collect transcripts from your database post boxes until 12:00 noon of that same Friday, December 9th; after this time, you will no longer be able to receive transcripts from the System.
- You may continue to run the aging report programs until 5:00 pm on that same Friday, December 9th. You will need to do this to see if any of your transcripts were not picked up by your addressees. A transcript that was not picked up will have to be sent again, since we will erase all transcripts from the System before bringing up the new version.
- After 5:00 pm on Friday, the System will be unavailable until the new version comes up on Sunday morning, December 11th.
As usual, the source code for the edit programs (SRTS01 and SRTS03) and the print programs (SRTS12IS, SRTS12AS, SRTS12CC, and SRTS12P) will be made available for download in FRN.DISTRICT.SOURCE at NWRDC. As programs are made available, notification will be sent out on the listserv and posted to the FASTER web page.
As we do each year, OAS will make a test system available to FASTER users for testing their changes for the newest version of FASTER. This means that users will be able to make the necessary changes at their site and then run their test records through the programs at NWRDC. Here are the steps to follow:
- Copy your production JCL to a test file.
- Change all occurrences of FRN.DISTRICT.LINKLIB to FRN.DISTRICT.TEST.LINKLIB.
- Change all occurrences of SYSTEM(DSN) to SYSTEM(DB2T).
- Change all occurrences of FN.XXNN to FN.XXNN.TEST where XXNN is the last four characters of your logon id (eg. If you are FNDX15, then XXNN is DX15). This creates data sets with a "TEST" node inserted into the original data set name, to avoid overwriting existing production data sets.