Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Educational FacilitiesAll · Budgeting · Planning/Evaluation · Support · Training/Research/Plan Review
Training/Research/Plan Review1. Who is the contact for mechanical issues on new construction, additions, remodeling, and renovations?
2. (Mechanical) When is a life cycle cost analysis (LCCA) required?
3. (Mechanical) Are there instructions for completing the Life Cycle Cost Data Summary Sheets?
4. (Mechanical) Are gas-fired water heaters considered boilers?
5. (Mechanical) Can gas piping be installed in or above a corridor if it is encased in a conduit or a one (1) hour rated horizontal chase?
6. (Mechanical) Can purveyor (city/municipal) water and sewer systems provided with emergency power be considered support systems for enhanced hurricane protection area (EHPA) toilet rooms?
7. Who is the contact for electrical issues on new construction, additions, remodeling, and renovations?
8. (Electrical) What provisions must be made available when a second party is suppling the generator for the operation of an EHPA during an emergency?
9. (Electrical) How do you determine the number of spare breakers required in a panel to meet the spare requirement of FBC 423.17.3, Spare Capacity?
10. (Electrical) What is the difference between an "Emergency Shut-Off Switch" and an "Emergency Disconnect" as described in FBC 423.17.4 and .5 respectively?
11. (Electrical) Can a Fire Alarm Annunciator Panel be installed in the EHPA Manager's Office instead of the Control Panel?
12. Who is the contact for additional information on existing buildings?
13. (Existing Buildings) What is the current firesafety standard for inspection of existing public schools?
14. (Existing Buildings) What standard is to be used for existing private schools including charter schools on private property?
15. (Existing Buildings) Is the school district required to perform annual inspections of all charter schools and likewise is the local fire department?
16. (Existing Buildings) Is there still an SREF Chapter 5 for existing schools?
17. (Existing Buildings) What is the correct form for districts to use for annual safety inspections?
18. (Existing Buildings) Are two annual firesafety inspections required?
19. What is the current edition of SREF?
20. Who is the contact for additional information on environmental issues?
21. (Environmental) Can DOE provide technical assistance with environmental concerns?
22. (Environmental) Do charter schools have to comply with federal asbestos laws?
23. (Environmental) What information must be on chemical containers stored at schools?
24. (Environmental) Does DOE have a recommendation on the thermostat setting for classrooms?
25. (Environmental) What is DOE's opinion of pets in a classroom?
26. Who is the contact for additional information on maintenance and operations issues?
27. (Maintenance and Operations) Where can I obtain a copy of the Utility and Maintenance and Operations Reports?
28. (Maintenance and Operations) Are school districts and community colleges subject to OSHA requirements?
29. (Maintenance and Operations) Is training required by OSHA standards available?
30. (Maintenance and Operations) Where can I find an overview of OSHA training requirements and standards?
31. (Maintenance and Operations) Is custodial training available from the Office of Educational Facilities?