Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Florida CollegesAll · DCF Fee Exemptions · General Information · Homeless Fee Exemption · Military Service & Residency · Purple Heart Waivers · Student Housing
DCF Fee Exemptions1. What is the Department of Children and Families (DCF) fee exemption?
2. I want to attend a Florida College System institution. How do I know if I am eligible for this exemption?
3. I am currently living on my own and am over 18 years old. Am I still eligible for this exemption?
4. What paperwork is needed to determine if Iím eligible?
5. What does the exemption cover?
6. What are other options to help pay for college?
General Information1. I have recently moved to Florida. Can you tell me which college is located closest to my new address?
2. What programs are offered at the colleges?
3. Am I eligible for in-state tuition? How can I establish residency for tuition purposes?
4. Where can I find information about state financial aid programs?
5. How can I get a copy of my transcript?
6. What services and accommodations are available for me as a student with a disability?
7. If I graduate from a Florida college with an Associate in Arts (AA) degree, will I be automatically admitted to the state university of my choice?
8. If I begin my college career at a Florida college, will I be able to transfer to a university before earning an AA degree?
9. I have noticed that many Florida colleges have changed their name. Does this mean that the institutions still have an open door admissions policy?
Homeless Fee Exemption1. What is the Homeless Fee Exemption?
2. How can I find out if I am eligible for the exemption?
3. What paperwork is needed to determine if Iím eligible?
4. What does the exemption cover?
5. What are other options to help pay for college?
Military Service & Residency1. What do I need to know about Florida residency for tuition purposes?
2. How does my status as an active duty member of the military affect my residency status?
3. I am currently assigned to a military base in Florida but I have not lived here for 12 months. Am I still eligible to be considered a resident for tuition purposes?
4. I am currently assigned to a military base in Florida, but I am living across the border in a different state. Am I eligible for residency status for tuition purposes?
5. I am a resident of Florida but I have been assigned to duty in a different state/country. Am I eligible to be considered a Florida resident for tuition purposes?
6. Are my family members eligible for residency status as well?
7. I am a veteran of the armed services. Does this mean that I am eligible to be considered a resident for tuition purposes?
Purple Heart Waivers1. What is the Purple Heart Waiver?
2. What medals are ďsuperior in precedence?Ē
3. What does the waiver cover?
4. What sorts of costs are NOT covered by this waiver?
5. Do I need to be a full-time student to receive the waiver?
6. Am I eligible for the waiver if Iím a non-degree seeking student?
7. What paperwork do I need?
8. Are active duty military personnel eligible for this waiver?
9. Are there other financial aid opportunities available to veterans?
1. What colleges offer student housing?
Here is a list of Florida College System institutions that provide unique housing opportunities for students:
College of Central Florida
Edison State College
Florida Keys Community College
Hillsborough Community College
Indian River State College
Northwest Florida State College
Tallahassee Community College
2. I do not plan to attend any of the institutions listed above but am curious about student housing or options for living that are close to campus. What should I do?
3. I have a Florida Prepaid plan. How do I find out if there is housing that will accept my prepaid plan near the institution I plan to attend?