New Candidate Eligibility
To be eligible to participate in the Dale Hickam Excellent Teaching Program as a federally funded new candidate, a teacher must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree
- Have completed three full years of teaching/counseling experience
- Possess a valid state teaching/counseling license for that period of time
- Teach in a Florida public school which is high needs or low performing
- Complete the NBPTS online application and pay online the portion of application fee for which the applicant is responsible, parts of which are non-refundable
- Have never received federal funding via NBPTS previously
- Adhere to all school district, Department of Education and NBPTS requirements, procedures, and deadlines.
Please Note: Districts may have eligibility requirements and deadlines in addition to the State requirements listed above. A candidate’s application must be approved by the district DHETP contact in order to receive a fee subsidy. Candidates must notify their district DHETP contact
(Excel, 73KB) and complete any district requirements in order to receive funding.