K-12 Public, Private & Charter Schools
- Florida Department of Education Announces Additional Guidance for the 2019-20 School Year - March 17, 2020
- 2020 Florida School District Spring Break and Extra Week Break Schedule as of 3/13/2020 (PDF)
As schools complete their extended spring break each school district has been diligently working to implement a distance learning plan. When the extended spring break ends (list of dates below), school districts are prepared to implement this plan.
- All school districts are prepared to implement their distance learning plans by March 30.
- Collier, Duval, Sumter and Union County School Districts complete their break on March 20, 2020. School campuses will remain closed through April 15, 2020. These counties will begin their distance learning instruction on March 23.
- To support students with identified IEP-related services who may have a disruption in services, school districts have flexibility for the remainder of the school year to provide alternative services or delay services in coordination with the student’s parents and IEP team.
- School districts should be prepared to extend their educational calendars through June 30, 2020, to the extent feasible and necessary.
- Commissioner Corcoran can reduce required instructional hours as necessary to accommodate for campus closures.
Assessments, Accountability and Promotion
- All remaining assessments for school readiness, voluntary prekindergarten and K-12 assessments are cancelled for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Requirements for graduation and promotion, and final course grades will be evaluated as though those assessments which were cancelled did not exist.
- K-12 school grades will not be calculated for 2019-2020 and schools in turnaround may continue their current status for 2020-2021 to avoid disruption to school leadership and operations.
- Eligibility for Florida Bright Futures scholarships shall be based on available data and results. Tests that were not available to be taken shall not be counted.
K12 Campus Closures