Education Information & Accountability Services
Education Information & Accountability Services
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Database Requirements Index Page
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2010-2011 English Language Learners Information
- Submit a separate record during reporting periods 2, 3 and 5 for each student
in KG-12 membership identified as "LY" for the English Language Learners,
PK-12 data element. Also, submit a separate record for each student identified
as "LF" for the English Language Learners, PK-12 data element, who has exited
the program within the last two school years.
- Submit a separate record during reporting periods 2, 3 and 5 for each 3-12
grade student in membership identified as "LP" for the data element English
Language Learners, PK-12, if the "LP" student is enrolled in an English for
Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program pending assessment. (If the grade
3-12 student is identified as "LP" and enrolled in a regular program, do not
submit a record.)
- If the student is identified as "LZ" for the English Language Learners,
PK-12 data element, do not submit an English Language Learners Information
Format because the English Language Learners: Post Reclassification Dates
are for Local Accountability and District Records Transfer purposes only.
Do not submit a record for English Language Learners Format if the student
is identified as "ZZ".
- For Survey Period 7 submit a separate record for each student identified as LY or LP for the English Language Learners, PK-12 data element or determined to be LF on the English Language Learners, PK-12 data element between June 1, 2010 and January 14, 2011 (last day of Survey 7 state processing) if one of the following applies:
- The student was not reported in survey 2, 2010-2011.
- The student was reported in survey 2, 2010-2011 with code ZZ on the English Language Learners, PK-12 data element.
- The student changed grade levels between survey 2, 2010-2011 and January 14, 2011.
- The student changed schools between survey 2, 2010-2011 and January 14, 2011.
All test related fields should be Z-filled or zero-filled as appropriate. Also Z-fill or zero-fill: English Language Learners: Extension of Instruction; English Language Learners: Reclassification Exit Date; English Language Learners: Basis of Entry; and English Language Learners: Basis of Exit (First), English Language Learners: Basis of Exit (Second) and Fund Source.
Note: Do not send Prekindergarten students and students enrolled in school 3518 in Survey 7.
- For students in grades KG-02 report the aural/oral test scores that determined the student eligible and in need of services. These are reported in the test fields for Listening and Speaking. No Reading and Writing scores are applicable for entry.
- For students in grades 03-12, report aural/oral test scores in the test fields for Listening and Speaking. Also, report Reading and Writing test scores for students who tested proficient in aural/oral skills based on assessment.
- For students who have a reclassification date and an English Language
Learners: Basis of Entry code of “L”, test scores are optional.
Report initial entry test information in each Survey period until the
student is identified as LF.
Note: Zeros may be valid test scores. In Surveys 2, 3 and 5 for students identified as LF, report exit test information as appropriate for the student’s English Language Learners: Basis of Exit codes. Do not send CELLA, Test Forms 1 and 2, and FCAT scores as these are already available to the Department.
- In Surveys 2, 3 and 5 for students identified as LF, report exit test information as appropriate for the student's English Language Learners: Basis of Exit codes. Districts using CELLA Form 3 for entry purposes must report these scores. CELLA Test Form 3 is not allowable for exit testing. Do not send CELLA, Test Forms 1 and 2, and FCAT scores as these are already available to the Department
- Report one or two English Language Learners: Basis of Exit codes. Codes
B-G require two codes. If codes B, E or L are reported all test information
may be Z-filled or zero-filled, as appropriate.
- Error Codes: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
- Key Fields: The key fields for this format are items 1, 3-5.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
|Item No.||From-To||Size||Field Char.||Field Description|
|1||1-2||2||N/R||District Number, Current Enrollment *|
|2||3-6||4||A/N/R||School Number, Current Enrollment|
|3||7-16||10||A/N||Student Number Identifier, Florida *|
|4||17-17||1||A/N||Survey Period Code *|
|5||18-21||4||N||School Year *|
|6||22-29||8||A/N||English Language Learners: Entry Date|
|8||31-38||8||A/N||English Language Learners: Student Plan Date|
|9||39-46||8||A/N||English Language Learners: Classification Date|
|10||47-54||8||A/N||English Language Learners: Exit Date|
|11||55-62||8||A/N||English Language Learners: Reevaluation Date|
|12||63-63||1||A/N||English Language Learners: Extension of Instruction|
|13||64-71||8||A/N||English Language Learners: Reclassification Date|
|14||72-79||8||A/N||English Language Learners: Reclassification Exit Date|
|15||80-80||1||A/N||English Language Learners: Basis of Entry|
|16||81-81||1||A/N||English Language Learners: Basis of Exit (First)|
|17||82-84||3||A/N||Test Name: Listening|
|18||85-86||2||A/N||Test Score Type: Listening|
|19||87-88||2||A/N||Test Subject Content: Listening|
|20||89-92||4||N/R||Test Score: Listening|
|21||93-100||8||A/N||Test Date: Listening|
|22||101-103||3||A/N||Test Name: Speaking|
|23||104-105||2||A/N||Test Score Type: Speaking|
|24||106-107||2||A/N||Test Subject Content: Speaking|
|25||108-111||4||N/R||Test Score: Speaking|
|26||112-119||8||A/N||Test Date: Speaking|
|27||120-122||3||A/N||Test Name: Reading|
|28||123-124||2||A/N||Test Score Type: Reading|
|29||125-126||2||A/N||Test Subject Content: Reading|
|30||127-130||4||N/R||Test Score: Reading|
|31||131-138||8||A/N||Test Date: Reading|
|32||139-141||3||A/N||Test Name: Writing|
|33||142-143||2||A/N||Test Score Type: Writing|
|34||144-145||2||A/N||Test Subject Content: Writing|
|35||146-149||4||N/R||Test Score: Writing|
|36||150-157||8||A/N||Test Date: Writing|
|39||160-160||1||A/N||English Language Learners: Program Participation|
|40||161-161||1||A/N||English Language Learners: Basis of Exit (Second)|
|41||162-162||1||A||Test Form: Listening|
|42||163-164||2||A||Test Level: Listening|
|43||165-165||1||A||Test Form: Speaking|
|44||166-167||2||A||Test Level: Speaking|
|45||168-168||1||A||Test Form: Reading|
|46||169-170||2||A||Test Level: Reading|
|47||171-171||1||A||Test Form: Writing|
|48||172-173||2||A||Test Level: Writing|
|50||223-232||10||A/N||Student Number Identifier, Local|
Last Updated: 7/1/2010