Education Information & Accountability Services
Education Information & Accountability Services
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Database Requirements Index Page
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2009-2010 Student Demographic Information
- For reporting periods 1-4 submit this record for each student receiving instruction/service during that reporting period. Also, send a Student Demographic Information record for each student for whom another record format is being submitted even if the student is not receiving instruction/service during the reporting period. These records include the following: Title I Supplemental Educational Services, Student Discipline/Referral Action, Student Assessment and Federal/State Indicator Status.
- For reporting period 5 submit this record for any student (a) who was in membership at any time during the school year, (b) who was expected to attend school but did not enter as expected (c) for whom a Diploma Type of W43, W45 or W52 is being reported on the Student End of Year Status record, (d) who was identified as migrant ages 3-21, was not enrolled in school and has not graduated from high school, (e) who has been identified as disabled and received services provided by a district through a services plan, (f) who participated in a Title I program at a private school. No records are needed in Survey 5 for McKay Scholarship students unless they attended a course in the school district.
- For reporting period 7 submit this record for each KG-12 student identified as LY or LP on the element English Language Learners, PK-12 at the time of submission. Also send a record for any student determined to be LF on the English Language Learners, PK-12 data element between June 1, 2009 and January 15, 2010. The following fields should be Z-filled or zero filled as appropriate: District Number, Zoned School; School Number Zoned School; Student Characteristic, Agency Programs; Graduation Options; Institution Number, Neglected/Delinquent (First, Second and Third) and Primary Instructor Responsible, Reading.
- For reporting period 9 submit this record for each student for whom an Institution Number, Neglected/Delinquent code is being reported and for each student for whom a Title I Supplemental Educational record format is being reported.
- For reporting period 6 submit this record for each KG-12 student identified as in membership on the survey date. Exceptional Student Education Prekindergarten (PK) students and children of students in the Teenage Parent Program who are in membership on the survey date should also be submitted. Required fields to be reported are: District Number, Current Instruction/Service; District Number, Current Enrollment; School Number, Current Enrollment; Student Number Identifier, Florida; Survey Period Code; Year; Student Number Identifier – Alias, Florida; Student Name, Legal; Gender; Grade Level; and Birth Date. and Primary Instructor Responsible, Reading. If the Student Number Identifier, Local is reported, it will be included on designated reports as in all other survey periods. Data may be sent for other fields, but the data is not needed and default values will be loaded to the data base for these non-required elements.
- Do not send a Student Demographic Information record for a student who is in Home Education unless the student is also receiving instruction/service from the school district during the reporting period.
- STUDENT NAME LEGAL: The district must submit student names for each student. The student name field will be used to ensure efficient editing and verification of records during reporting periods and to facilitate Department monitoring and auditing activities requiring access to district individual student records.
- SCHOOL NUMBER, CURRENT ENROLLMENT: For Survey 9, for students for whom an Institution Number, Neglected/Delinquent code is being reported, report the school of enrollment as of the time the student attended the Neglected/Delinquent Institution. For private school students who participated in a Title I program use 9995 for the School Number, Current Enrollment.
- YEAR: For reporting periods 1 through 4 and 9, this field will contain fiscal year. For reporting period 5, this field will contain school year. Refer to the element Year in the DOE Information Data Base Requirements: Volume I - Automated Student Information System for definitions.
- RESPONSIBLE INSTRUCTOR, READING: Report during reporting period 6 for students in the Progress Monitoring and Reporting Network (PMRN). For middle and high school students who do not have a reading instructor the language arts teacher should be reported. All zeroes should be reported for students who do not participate in PMRN Reading and in all other survey periods.
- INSTITUTION NUMBER, NEGLECTED/DELINQUENT: The number assigned to the institution for neglected or delinquent children as defined in Title I, Parts A and D, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended by Public Law 107-110.
- ZONED DISTRICT AND SCHOOL: Submit this information in Survey Period 3 for each student enrolled in an alternative school during survey week. These elements should be zero-filled for survey periods 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 9.
- LUNCH STATUS. For Survey Period 5, report a student as eligible for free or reduced price lunch if the student was eligible at any time during the school year.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 4, 5 and 6. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
- ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
NOTE: Do not send Prekindergarten students or students enrolled in school number 3518 in Survey 7.
Report this number in survey period 9 for students who are ages 5-17 inclusive who resided in an institution for neglected or delinquent children or an adult correctional facility for at least one day during the designated 30 day count period in the reporting year. The count period (which may be set separately for each institution) is 30 consecutive calendar days at least one of which falls within the month of October. Submit up to three eligible institutions on a Student Demographic Information format. Matching records are not required for these students in survey period 9.
For Survey Period 5 submit this number for any student who resided in a non-school institution for neglected or delinquent students at any time during the fiscal year (July 1 to June 30 of the reporting year).
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
Last Updated: 12/15/2009