Education Information & Accountability Services
Education Information & Accountability Services
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Database Requirements Index Page
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2008-2009 Staff Demographic Information
- Submit this record during reporting periods 2 and 3 for all staff employed either on a full or part time basis during the payroll period that includes the FEFP survey week for reporting students.
- SCHOOL NUMBER, PRIMARY/HOME: For staff members who operate out of the county office, the school number to be used in this field is 9001. Staff members assigned to schools must be reported at that school using the official state school number for that school. Itinerant staff should be reported either at the school that is considered their home location or at the district office.
- SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: The social security number must be reported for all staff members employed. Districts must be certain to report the correct social security number for the staff member being reported. The number should be left-justified with a trailing blank. (For contracted or charter school staff for whom the school district does not have a Social Security Number, the district must assign a Staff Number Identifier. See Social Security Number data element.)
- FLORIDA EDUCATORS CERTIFICATE NUMBER: The certificate number must be reported for all certificate personnel within the district. In addition to all instructional personnel, those administrative personnel who possess certificates should have their numbers reported. Do not report district assigned certificate numbers for on-call substitute teachers, non-degreed vocational or non-degreed adult employees.
- SEPARATION DATE/REASON: Report these elements in reporting period 5 only. These elements apply only to employees who have separated from employment with the district entirely. If an employee who held more than one job with the district separates from one but not all jobs, that employee should not be reported as separated from the school system. Report Separation Date and Separation Reason for all employees who separated from district employment during the Fiscal Year being reported. Report Separation Date for any employee who has received benefits but was not employed during the Fiscal Year being reported. Do not report separation data on Substitutes unless they are regular full-time employees.
- JOB CODE, PRIMARY: Submit this element in reporting periods 2, 3, and 5. In Survey 5, report the primary job code for the job the employee held during the regular school year. See Appendix E, (JOB CODE ASSIGNMENTS), in the DOE Information Data Base Requirements: Volume II - Automated Staff Information System for Job Codes.
- DAYS PRESENT AND DAYS ABSENT: Report the elements, Days Present; Days Absent, Personal Leave; Days Absent, Sick Leave; Days Absent, Temporary Duty Elsewhere; Days Absent, Other in Survey 5. These data are required by State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.09982(2) to provide information on teacher and administrator absences to be included in the School Advisory Council Reports.
- READING ENDORSEMENT COMPETENCIES: All teachers who are providing reading intervention, whether through a reading course or a content area course, must be working towards reading endorsement or certification. In addition, progress towards endorsement/certification for Reading Coaches and others pursuing these credentials can be reported here.
- ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
For purposes of clarifying “staff employed” in the statement above, "employed" means those scheduled to be paid during the payroll period that includes the FEFP survey week for reporting students. This would exclude any staff member that is active on the payroll system but not actively working and receiving a payroll check during the FEFP survey week.
Submit this record during reporting period 5 for any staff member employed at any time during the fiscal year being reported and for any staff member who received benefits anytime during the fiscal year.
In Survey Period 6, report this format for all instructional staff members for use in the Progress Monitoring and Reporting Network (PMRN). Required fields to be reported are: District Number; Social Security Number; Survey Period Code; Fiscal Year; School Number, Primary Home; Employee Name, Legal and Exempt from Public Records Law, Employee. Data may be sent for other fields, but the data is not needed and default values will be loaded to the data base for the non-required elements. Data for the Staff Number Identifier, Local data element will be used if reported.
' * ' indicates key fields.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
Last Updated: 5/1/2008