Database Requirements Index Page
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2007-2008 Teacher Exit Interview
1. Submit this format in reporting period 5 only. This type of record should be submitted for each regular full-time classroom teacher who leaves a teaching position in the district during the Fiscal Year being reported.
2. CLASSROOM TEACHERS: Classroom teachers are staff members assigned the professional activity of instructing students in courses in classroom situations, including basic instruction, exceptional student education, English language learners and vocational-technical education. These teachers have DOE Staff Data Base Job Codes (See Appendix E, JOB CODE ASSIGNMENTS) that place them on Public School Staff Survey EEO-5 lines 21 through 33.
3. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: The social security number must be reported for all teachers leaving teaching. The number should be left justified with a trailing blank.
4. EMPLOYEE TYPE: Include only regular full time (RF) teachers.
5. TEACHING EXPERIENCE: Report the teacherís length of service as a classroom teacher; including both the number of years of classroom teaching in the current district and the years of classroom teaching in schools outside the current district.
6. ERROR CODES : This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
7. KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
' * ' indicates key Fields
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)