Education Information & Accountability Services
Education Information & Accountability Services
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Database Requirements Index Page
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2007-2008 Student Demographic Information
1. For reporting periods 1-4 submit this record for each student receiving instruction/service during that reporting period. Also, send a Student Demographic Information record for each student for whom another record format is being submitted even if the student is not receiving instruction/service during the reporting period. These records include the following: Title I Supplemental Educational Services, Student Discipline/Referral Action and Student Assessment.
2. For reporting period 5 submit this record for any student (a) who was in membership at any time during the school year, (b) who was expected to attend school but did not enter as expected (c) for whom a Diploma Type of W43, W45 or W52 is being reported on the Student End of Year Status record, (d) who was identified as migrant ages 3-21, was not enrolled in school and has not graduated from high school, (e) who has been identified as disabled and received services at a private school from the public school district, and (f) who participated in a Title I program at a private school. No records are needed in Survey 5 for McKay Scholarship students unless they attended a course in the school district.
3. For reporting period 7 submit this record for each KG-12 student identified as LY or LP on the element English Language Learners, PK-12 at the time of submission. Also send a record for any student determined to be LF on the English Language Learners, PK-12 data element between May 28, 2007 and January 18, 2008. The following fields should be Z-filled or zero filled as appropriate: District Number, Zoned School; School Number Zoned School; Student Characteristic, Agency Programs; Graduation Options; Institution Number, Neglected/Delinquent (First) and Institution Number Neglected/Delinquent (Second).
NOTE: Do not send Prekindergarten students or students enrolled in school number 3518 in Survey 7.
4. For reporting period 9 submit this record for each student for whom an Institution Number, Neglected/Delinquent code is being reported and for each student for whom a Title I Supplemental Educational record format is being reported.
5. For reporting period 6 submit this record for each PK-12 student identified as in membership on the survey date. Required fields to be reported are: District Number, Current Instruction/Service; District Number, Current Enrollment; School Number, Current Enrollment; Student Number Identifier, Florida; Survey Period Code; Year; Student Number Identifier – Alias, Florida; Student Name, Legal; Gender; Grade Level; and Birth Date. Data may be sent for other fields, but the data is not needed and default values will be loaded to the data base for these non-required elements.
6. Do not send a Student Demographic Information record for a student who is in Home Education unless the student is also receiving instruction/service from the school district during the reporting period.
7. STUDENT NAME LEGAL: The district must submit student names for each student. The student name field will be used to ensure efficient editing and verification of records during reporting periods and to facilitate Department monitoring and auditing activities requiring access to district individual student records.
8. For reporting periods 1 and 4, (summer session) district of enrollment (item 2) and district of instruction/service (item 1) will always be the same number and school of enrollment will be the school providing instruction or service.
9. SCHOOL NUMBER, CURRENT ENROLLMENT: For Survey 9, for students for whom an Institution Number, Neglected/Delinquent code is being reported, report the school of enrollment as of the time the student attended the Neglected/Delinquent Institution. To report more than two Institution Numbers, Neglected/Delinquent for a student submit additional Student Demographic Information formats using a different School Number, Current Enrollment on each format. For private school students who participated in a Title I program use 9995 for the School Number, Current Enrollment.
10. YEAR: For reporting periods 1 through 4 and 9, this field will contain fiscal year. For reporting period 5, this field will contain school year. Refer to the element Year in the DOE Information Data Base Requirements: Volume I - Automated Student Information System for definitions.
11. INSTITUTION NUMBER, NEGLECTED/DELINQUENT: The number assigned to the institution for neglected or delinquent children as defined in Title I, Parts A and D, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended by Public Law 107-110.
Report this number in survey period 9 for students who are ages 5-17 inclusive who resided in an institution for neglected or delinquent children or an adult correctional facility for at least one day during the designated 30 day count period in the reporting year. The count period (which may be set separately for each institution) is 30 consecutive calendar days at least one of which falls within the month of October. Submit up to two eligible institutions on a Student Demographic Information format. Matching records are not required for these students in survey period 9.
For Survey Period 5 submit this number for any student who resided in a non-school institution for neglected or delinquent students at any time during the fiscal year (July 1 to June 30 of the reporting year).
12. ZONED DISTRICT AND SCHOOL: Submit this information in Survey Period 3 for each student enrolled in an alternative school during survey week . These elements should be zero-filled for survey periods 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 9.
13. KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
14. ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
' * ' indicates key fields.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)