Database Requirements Index Page
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2006-2007 Staff Payroll Information
1. This type of record must be submitted for all employees during reporting periods 2 and 3. The majority of employees in a district will only have one STAFF PAYROLL record per submission. However, for those individuals who have two primary jobs, e.g., bus driver and cafeteria worker, one record should be submitted for each job. An individual who holds a contract as a teacher and teaches different subjects is not viewed as having two primary job codes. Other examples of individuals holding two primary jobs could include the following: high school teacher/adult night school teacher; bus driver/teacher aide, maintenance worker/security guard.
2. JOB CODE FUND SOURCE: This element should identify up to three fund sources from which the employee is paid at the time of the survey for the primary job reported.
3. SCHOOL NUMBER: Report the school number which indicates the primary school to which this individual is assigned for the reported job code. This may or may not match the school number reported on the employee's demographic information record.
4. DUTY DAYS: Report the standard number of days per year an employee in this job is scheduled to work. For example, if a teacher is hired one week after the school year begins, report the standard duty days (196) for that job.
5. PAY TYPE, PAY RATE, PAY FREQUENCY: Report pay rate and frequency based upon the pay type of the employee. For example, an hourly paid employee (pay type H) would have "hourly wages" reported for pay rate item and "number of hours worked per day" reported for pay frequency. A salaried employee (pay type S) would have "salary earned per pay period" reported for pay rate and "number of pay periods" reported for pay frequency.
6. JOB CODE, PRIMARY: See Appendix E, (JOB CODE ASSIGNMENTS), in the DOE Information Data Base Requirements: Volume II - Automated Staff Information System for Job Codes.
7. ADDRESS, MAILING: Submit for all employees whose position classification defines them as either administrative or instructional personnel (lines 1-43 of the Public Schools Staff Survey - EEO-5). These include superintendents, assistant superintendents, directors/supervisors of instruction, principals, assistant principals, teachers, librarians/media specialists, guidance counselors, other professional instructional staff, and other personnel occupying similar positions to those listed here.
8. KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and
16. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and resubmitted
as an add.
' * ' indicates key fields.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)