Database Requirements Index Page
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2006-2007 Exceptional Student
1. Submit this record in reporting periods 1-4 for any PK-12 student who has an Exceptionality, Primary code other than Z. Include any student who has a current individual educational plan (IEP), individual family support plan (IFSP), educational plan (EP), or services plan under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) in effect. Include students enrolled in both public and private schools (including School Number, Current Enrollment of 3518 and N999) who have a current IEP, IFSP, EP or services plan under IDEA. If the student does not have one of these plans, do not report the student on this format.
2. For reporting period 5, submit this record for any PK-12 student who, during the school year just ended, was in membership and had an Exceptionality, Primary code other than Z.
3. YEAR: For reporting periods 1-4 this field must contain the fiscal year. For reporting period 5 this field must contain the school year.
4. EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT, DISMISSAL DATE: Report the most recent Exceptional Student, Dismissal Date in Survey 5 for any student who has exited all Exceptional Education programs during the school year and is no longer receiving special education and related services.
5. TIME, TOTAL SCHOOL WEEK AND TIME WITH NON-DISABLED PEERS are reported only in Survey 2. For all other surveys, zero-fill these fields. Also, zero-fill these fields for students whose only exceptionality is gifted (code L).
6. EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT, IDEA EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENTS: Report only in Survey 2. For all other Surveys, Z-fill this field.
7. ALTERNATE ASSESSMENT ADMINISTERED is only reported in Surveys 2 and 3. For all other surveys, Z-fill this field.
8. EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT EXTENDED SCHOOL YEAR SERVICES is only reported in Survey 5. For all other surveys, Z-fill this field. Also, Z-fill this field for students whose only exceptionality is gifted (code L).
9. KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 3, 4 and 5. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
' * ' indicates key fields.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)