Database Requirements Index Page
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2004-2005 Student Transportation
1. Submit this record in Survey periods 1-4 for any PK-12 student in membership during survey week who is assigned to a bus, passenger car or other vehicle and was transported at least once during the five-day survey period or the preceding six scheduled days.
2. A student may be counted only once and only on one mode of travel, even if more than one mode is used.
3. The district must have a policy regarding reporting of students who transfer from one bus to another during survey week either on the sending or receiving bus. For example, a student transported from home to school and then to a vocational center may only be counted once.
4. Students who are transported by general purpose transportation (city buses, trains, etc.) or privately owned motor vehicles or boats (for isolated or disabled students) are reported as any other transported students.
5. For students transported to another district to receive instruction submit a Student Transportation and a Student Demographic Information format. Report the number of the district supplying the transportation in the element District Number, Current Instruction/Service.
6. KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)