Database Requirements Index Page
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2004-2005 Exceptional Student
1. Submit this record in reporting periods 1-4 and 9 for any PK-12 student who has an Exceptionality, Primary code other than Z. (Student has a current FSP, IEP or EP in effect.)
2. For reporting period 5, submit this record for any PK-12 student who, during the school year just ended, was in membership and had an Exceptionality, Primary code other than Z.
3. For reporting period 9 the universe is determined by this format. Records should be submitted only for students who have a current FSP, IEP or EP as of December 1 of the reporting year. Students do not have to be in attendance but must be in membership to be counted.
4. YEAR: For reporting periods 1-4 or 9 this field will contain the fiscal year. For reporting period 5 this field will contain school year.
5. EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT, DISMISSAL DATE: Report the most recent Exceptional Student, Dismissal Date in Survey 5 for any student who has exited all Exceptional programs during the school year and is no longer receiving special education and related services.
6. TIME, TOTAL SCHOOL WEEK AND TIME WITH NON-DISABLED PEERS are reported only in Surveys 2 and 9. For all other surveys, zero-fill the fields. Also, zero-fill these fields for students whose only exceptionality is gifted (code L).
7. EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT, IDEA EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENTS: Report only in Survey 9. For all other Surveys, Z-fill the fields.
8. ALTERNATE ASSESSMENT ADMINISTERED is only reported in Surveys 2 and 3. For all other surveys, Z-fill this field.
9. EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT EXTENDED SCHOOL YEAR SERVICES is only reported in Survey 5. For all other surveys, Z-fill this field. Also, Z-fill this field for students whose only exceptionality is gifted (code L).
10. KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 3, 4 and 5. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.