maintains servers which provide file storage, shared access areas, printing capability, virus protection and e-mail services to the Department of Education employees. The File/Print Services team supports these servers by:
- Creating ID's and providing access to files, printers, applications, virus protection and e-mail.
- Providing security information on request to the Auditor's Office and the State Technology Office
- Performing backups of servers to tape storage for the purpose of a disaster recovery
- Installing and maintaining servers, printers and other network devices
- Installing and maintaining network operating system software and hardware
- Maintaining the integrity of the servers by gathering and analyzing performance statistics
- Researching and developing ways to enhance server systems so users in the department can do their jobs more efficiently
- Managing IP addressing for DOE which includes assigning an IP address for every network device, and monitoring changes and additions.
- Managing the e-mail system including the Outlook 365 servers and firewalls
- Providing anti-virus protection for all servers
- Implementing new products as necessary to improve server security and reliability
Data Center Home | Help
Desk | Application Server Group | File/Print
Services | System Performance Monitoring