Bureau of Voluntary Prekindergarten
Bureau of Voluntary Prekindergarten
|Text Index||Custom Search|
VPK AssessmentFlorida Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Assessment | VPK Assessment Updates | VPK Assessment Online Reporting System | Questions
Dates for Assessment Periods (AP)For VPK providers operating a 540 hour school-year program (e.g., August-April/May) the Assessment Period windows for the administration of the (VPK) Assessment are as follows (*required)
- Assessment Period 1 - the month of September*
- Assessment Period 2 - the month of January
- Assessment Period 3 - the month of April/May (end of program year)*
The Department recommends administering the VPK Assessment items for AP1 and AP3 in semester/summer programs. It has not been our practice to assign dates for the semester/summer administration of the VPK Assessment, but AP1 is usually given at the beginning and AP3 is usually at the end of the program.
- All private and public VPK providers are required by statute to use the Florida VPK Assessment as a pre-and post-assessment. It is the expectation of the legislature that each child in Florida attending a VPK program will be assessed using the VPK Assessment.
- VPK Assessment Kit (Second Edition) Ordering Process
VPK Assessment Kits and replacement materials (e.g., the consumable Response Booklets) may be ordered from Drummond Press.
- Florida Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Assessment Response Sheets
Below are abbreviated Response Sheets for AP1, AP2, and AP3 which may be copied for use instead of ordering replacement Response Booklets, should providers wish to use this resource.
The VPK Assessment Online Reporting System is available to all registered providers free of charge. This system allows VPK teachers to enter each child’s assessment results and then analyze children’s data in order to plan lessons that meet the individual needs of all children.
The VPK Assessment Online Reporting System has the capacity to;
- Create individual, classroom, and center level reports to track progress
- Link the assessment data to instructional strategies and resources that are aligned with the VPK Education Standards
- Create a letter to parents about their child’s performance on each assessment measure
VPK Assessment Online Reporting System Updates
- VPK providers are required to enter each VPK child's results into the VPK Assessment Online Reporting System after administering the VPK Assessment items for Assessment Period 1 (AP1) and Assessment Period 3 (AP3).
- Initial Registration Wizard - New Users (VPK Administrators)
New VPK Administrators must go to VPK Assessment Online Reporting System - Initial Registration Wizard and register their center/school to access the VPK Assessment Online Reporting System for the first time. Once the initial registration is completed, the VPK Administrator may begin using the Online Reporting System to set-up center staff accounts, classrooms, and add children.
- Initial Registration Wizard - Existing Users (VPK Administrators)
Existing VPK Administrators must go to VPK Assessment Online Reporting System - Initial Registration Wizard and reset their password each program year (e.g., School-Year or Summer) to access the VPK Assessment Online Reporting System. Once the password has been reset, the VPK Administrator will be able to reactivate existing center staff accounts and add new center staff, classrooms, and children to the Online Reporting System.
- The VPK Administrators will need their 4- or 5-digit Provider ID (assigned by the Florida Office of Early Learning) and the center/school's 5-digit Physical Address Zip Code before starting the Initial Registration Wizard.