Office of Assessment
Office of Assessment
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE)
FTCE/FELE Questions?To register or to obtain specific information, visit www.fl.nesinc.com or call FTCE/FELE Customer Service toll-free at 866-613-3281 8 a.m.–6 p.m., Mon.– Fri., excluding holidays. (The Automated Information System is available by phone 24 hours daily.)
Examinees with a DisabilityComputer-based testing (CBT) is now available for all examinations. This mode of testing provides increased flexibility in testing times, dates, and locations for all examinees, including examinees with disabilities. Please see the information below on applying for special accommodations for a disability.
Examinees with DisabilitiesAccording to Rule 6A-4.0021(6)(a)(b) FAC, a person with a disability means any person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, has a record of such an impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 35,104(1)(2)(3)(4). Examinees requesting special arrangements must be certified as having a disability by a licensed psychologist or physician as having a disability that substantially limits one or more major life activities. Any documentation presented must describe the disability.
Special arrangements, such as extra time, may be made for examinees who have visual impairments, hearing impairments, physical disabilities, or specific learning disabilities. Reasonable accommodations will be provided where possible.
If you need special accommodations for a disability, please complete the following steps:
- Register to test. When you register online, please indicate (when prompted) that you will be requesting special accommodations.
- Submit an Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form stating the specific accommodations you are requesting. This form can be found in the bulletin on the FTCE/FELE contractor website at www.fl.nesinc.com. You must submit a new form every time you register to test.
- Submit on official letterhead all required documentation from a medical or licensed psychologist. The documentation should include the physician’s name, license number, address, and telephone number, and it must meet the following criteria:
- Describes and attests to the specific disability and that the disability substantially limits
- Is dated within the past three years when first presented. It will be kept on file and is valid for use by the FTCE/FELE program office for three years after it is received.
- It contains recommendations for alternative testing arrangements that are specifically related to the disability
You should plan on beginning the registration process and submitting the form and any required documentation as early as possible in order to allow sufficient time for the review and processing of your request.