American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
|Text Index||Custom Search|
Race to the Top Grant
Year 4 LEA Guidance
- Year 3-4 Training Summary for LEAs (Excel, 39KB)
- Year 4 Deliverables Guidance (PDF, 200KB)
- Update for LEA Coordinators
Community of Practice
Topic: Common Core TransitionFriday, March 8, 2013
J.W. Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Registration and Agenda Topics
Year 2 Progress Report
Implementation Update WebinarsThe Florida Department of Education hosted two webinars in September 2012 to update stakeholders on the state-level Race to the Top projects.
Topics: Standards and Assessments, Turning Around the Lowest-Achieving Schools, Charter Schools, New LEA Deliverable Submission Process
State-level Projects Materials (PDF, 410KB)
September 13 Recording
September 13 Transcript (PDF, 134KB)
Topics: Great Teachers and Leaders, Single Sign-on, Local Instructional Improvement Systems, New LEA Deliverable Submission Process
State-level Projects Materials (PDF, 399KB)
September 14 Recording
September 14 Transcript (PDF, 138KB)
Postsecondary Text Demand Study
- Final Report June 2012 (PDF, 686KB)
Updates from Implementation CommitteesThe Florida Department of Education (DOE) announced the launch of Education 360, a new video series hosted by DOE’s Teacher Liaison Kelly Seay, which provides quick snapshots about important education reform efforts currently underway in the Sunshine State.
- Episode One (WMV, 38MB) features Duval County Public Schools Math Teacher Tamar Woodhouse-Young and Putnam County's Associate Superintendent Sam Foerster, both members of the Race to the Top Student Growth Implementation Committee (SGIC), discussing their work to help shape Florida's new teacher evaluation systems.
- Episode Two (WMV, 68MB) features Marion County Public Schools Superintendent Jim Yancey, a member of the Race to the Top Local Systems Implementation Committee, discussing how the committee shaped the minimum standards for Local Instructional Improvement Systems and how they are connecting districts, charter schools, and consortia statewide through the Local Systems Exchange.
- Episode Three (WMV, 177MB) features Sam Foerster, Sandi Acosta, and John LeTellier, all members of the Race to the Top Student Growth Implementation Committee (SGIC), discussing the progress the committee has made regarding the type of model and the factors that will be accounted for in Florida's student growth measure - the value-added model.
- Episode Four (WMV, 88MB) features Pam Stewart, President of FOIL, and Martha McCormick-Watson, a member of the Race To The Top District-Developed Student Assessments for Instructional Effectiveness Implementation Committee, discussing the development of a test item bank and assisting with district-developed assessments for content areas that do not currently have standardized tests.
- Episode Five (WMV, 91MB) showcases the co-chairs of the Race to the Top Teacher and Leader Preparation Implementation Committee (TLPIC) Dr. Elisa Calabrese, Jasmine Ulmer, and James Griffin discussing how they are working to improve Florida's Principal Leadership Standards.
Implementation Technical Assistance
- Frequently Asked Questions Posted January 3, 2012 (PDF, 26KB)
- Teacher and Principal Evaluation Systems
- Local Instructional Improvement System
- Common Core State Standards Implementation Timeline (PDF, 258KB)
- Common Core State Standards Implementation Timeline (Word, 40KB)
- MEMO: Save the Date - 2013 Common Core State Standards Summer Institutes (PDF, 76KB)
LEA Scope of Work and Budget
- Overview of Amendment Process (PDF, 22KB)
- Summary of Changes to Amendment Process (PDF, 22KB)
- Revised LEA Allocations (PDF, 33KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 28KB)
- Year 3 Deliverables Guidance (PDF, 130KB)
Receive E-Mail Updates About Race To the TopThe Department has created a subscription form to keep you informed of the latest updates regarding the Race to the Top process. To receive notice each time the website is updated, please visit the link below to subscribe.
Contacts by Race to the Top Topic
- Common Core State Standards: (LEA Project 1)
- STEM: (LEA Projects 2-3)
- Interim/District-Developed Assessments:
- Computer-Based Testing Readiness: (LEA Project 4)
- Single Sign-on: (LEA Project 5)
- Local Instructional Improvement Systems: (LEA Project 6)
- Teacher and Principal Evaluation: (LEA Projects 7-10)
- Teacher and Leader Preparation:
- Struggling Schools: (LEA Projects 11-12)
- Charter Schools: (LEA Project 13)