Student Course Transcript Information
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2012-2013 Student Course Transcript Information
- Submit course information for all students in grades 9-12 enrolled in the district during the School Year, including summer
school courses, all courses transferred in from other schools, and courses taken for high school credit when the student was in
grades below grade 9.
Grade Level Course Information to Send 12 Grades 9, 10, 11, 12 and any courses below ninth grade that the student took in order to earn credit toward a high school diploma. 11 Grades 9, 10, 11 and any courses below ninth grade that the student took in order to earn credit toward a high school diploma. 10 Grades 9, 10 and any other courses below ninth grade that the student took in order to earn credit toward a high school diploma. 9 Grade 9 and any courses below ninth grade that the student took in order to earn credit toward a high school diploma.
- Also submit a record for each Algebra course taken by a student in Grade Levels 7 and 8 at any time during the school year and
accompanying summer sessions. Algebra courses are course numbers 1200310, 1200320, 1200370 and 1200380.
- Send all courses the student has taken in order to earn credit toward a high school diploma.
- For example, if a student took Algebra in Grade 8 and is currently in Grade 9, report the Algebra course along with the courses
the student took in Grade 9.
- SCHOOL YEAR: Report both the school year in which the course was taken (School Year - Course Taken) and the school year for
which the record is being submitted (School Year - Record Submission).
- COURSE GRADE: The Course Grade field may contain I for incomplete, NG for no grade assigned or similar grades other than A, B,
C, D and F as defined in the DOE Information Data Base Requirements: Volume I -- Automated Student Information System.
- GRADE LEVEL: The Grade Level field should contain the Grade Level the student was in at the time the course was taken. NOTE:
Only report credits on grade 30 if the student left a secondary K-12 program, entered the Adult High School program as grade 30 and
subsequently returned to a secondary K-12 program prior to graduation.
- SCHOOL NUMBER, WHERE CREDIT EARNED: The School Number, Where Credit Earned field may contain 0001-9899, 9900, N997, N998, N999,
C901-C928 Florida public colleges, U970-U980 Florida public state universities or P001-P999 eligible postsecondary non-public
- COURSE NUMBER, SUBSTITUTED: This field is used with the Course Flag field. The presence of an asterisk (*) as one of the four
flags in the Course Flag field indicates that the course specified by the number in the Course Number field is a Department of
Education approved substitute for the course specified by the number in this field.
For example: Course Number is 1802300 (Navy JROTC), Course Flag is *, and Course Number Substituted is 0800300 (Life Management Skills). This indicates that the Navy JROTC course (18023000) will substitute for completion of Life Management Skills (0800300), satisfying the student’s Life Management Skills graduation requirement.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 2-5 and 10-14. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must
be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
- ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the
state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
' * ' indicates key fields.
(Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
Last Updated: 7/1/2012