Prior School Status/Student Attendance
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2016-2017 Prior School Status/Student Attendance
- Submit this record in reporting survey periods 2, 3 and 5 for each PK-12 student who was in membership in any school or enrolled in any course in the district (District Number, Current Enrollment) from the first day of the school year to the last day of the survey period as well as any student who withdrew between school years. Students in School Number, Current Enrollment N998 and N999 should be reported if they enrolled in any course in the district. A separate record must be submitted for each school of enrollment and each entry/reentry date.
- For students enrolled in a year-round school program, separate records should be submitted for each intersession. Students enrolled in separate summer terms must have two separate records reported.
- WITHDRAWAL CODE, PK-12: Report ZZZ for Surveys 2 and 3 if no withdrawal code is applicable. Every record must have a Withdrawal Code other than ZZZ for Survey 5. Students who were expected to attend school but did not enter as expected (code DNE) should be reported on all surveys (2, 3, and 5).
- TERM: To indicate the student entered/reentered during the regular school year, use code 3 (annual). To indicate summer school or intersession (for year round school) use code S (combined summer schedule). Use code Y to indicate a record being submitted with a withdrawal code for a student who was not enrolled this year. For Survey 2, Term should equal Z and Days Absent, Annual – Unexcused Not Related to Discipline should be 0-filled.
- DAYS PRESENT and DAYS ABSENT: Report Days Present, Annual and Days Absent, Annual in Survey Periods 3 and 5. For Survey Period 2, these elements should be 0 filled.
- RECORDS WITH TERM CODE = Y: For those records being reported with a Term code of Y, send the last School Number, Current Enrollment for the student in the district. The following fields should be Z-filled: Entry (Re-Entry) Code, PK-12 and Prior School/Location: Country. The following fields should be 0-filled: Days Present, Annual; Days Absent, Annual; Days Present, Summer Terms; Days Absent, Summer Terms; Days Absent, Annual – Unexcused Not Related to Discipline and Entry (Re-Entry) Date. In addition, use the date of the first day of the district's regular school year for Withdrawal Date.
- ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 2, 3, 10, 11 and 13. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and resubmitted as an add.
' * ' indicates key fields. (Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
Last Updated: 7/1/2016