Florida Standards Assessments
With the Florida standards in place to help Florida students succeed, the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, and end-of-course (EOC) subjects (Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry) serves Florida students by measuring education gains and progress. Students, parents/guardians, and educators are encouraged to stay connected to the FSA Portal to receive important announcements and access information and resources as they are available.
The Statewide Science Assessment is still administered to students in grades 5 and 8, and FCAT 2.0 Grade 10 Reading Retake will be available for students with this requirement. Information about the previous FCAT 2.0 assessments (reading, writing, and mathematics) is available at FCAT 2.0 Historical.
The FSA Portal provides resources for students, parents, educators, test administrators, school assessment coordinators, district assessment coordinators, and technology coordinators. Some of the available resources include:
- The 2015-16 FSA English Language Arts and Mathematics Fact Sheet (PDF) and the 2015-16 FSA Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry End-of-Course Assessments Fact Sheet (PDF) provide useful information regarding 2015-16 FSA assessments.
- Practice tests are provided for users to become familiar with the computer-based system, functionality, and item types; the tests are not intended to guide classroom instruction. (A Practice Test Quick Guide [PDF] and answer keys are also available.)
- ELA Text-Based Writing Samplers are also available to define how points will be given within each domain.
- Test item specifications define the content and format of the assessment and test items for each grade level and subject.
- The test design summaries and blueprints for ELA (PDF) and for mathematics (PDF) provide more detailed information about the assessments, including the percentage of items in each content category, cognitive complexity, and approximate number of test items.
- The FSA Calculator and Reference Sheet Policies (PDF) document describes policies and materials specific to the mathematics assessments. In addition, the scientific calculator is provided for student practice.
More details about the FSA, including messages for principals, teachers, and parents, are provided below.
- Press Release (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Commissioner Stewart's Message to Principals (PDF)
- Commissioner Stewart's Message to Teachers (PDF)
- Commissioner Stewart's Message to Parents (PDF)
- AIR Resources Rollout Schedule (PDF)