FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake
FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake is aligned to the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards. Students with the requirement to pass Grade 10 FCAT 2.0 Reading who have not met this requirement participate in retake assessments. In 2014-15, FCAT 2.0 Reading and FCAT 2.0 Mathematics were replaced by the Florida Standards Assessments. Information about the previous FCAT 2.0 assessments is available at FCAT 2.0 Historical, and information on the current Statewide Science Assessment is also available.
About the Assessment
- 2014-15 FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Computer-Based Testing
- Spring 2015 Understanding FCAT 2.0 Reports (PDF)
- Test Design Summary (PDF)
- Florida's Transition to Computer-Based Testing for Statewide Assessments (PDF)
What's on the Assessment
To learn more about the content of the FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake, individuals may review the Test Item Specifications for grade 10 reading. The Test Item Specifications describe how the test questions (or items) on the assessments will measure student achievement of the standards.
Taking the Assessment
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Practice tests for these assessments are available at PearsonAccess. After the Fall 2014 administrations, Pearson transitioned all computer-based assessments from the application-based TestNav 6.9 platform to a browser-based platform called TestNav8. Updated practice tests and additional resources are available on PearsonAccess.
- Sample Questions and Answer Key Books:
- Achievement Levels (PDF)
- Achievement Level Descriptions
Publications and Resources
- Archived Publications
- Cognitive Complexity Classification (PDF)
- Graduation Requirements for Florida's Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- One Year of Florida’s Assessment Committee Participants (2013-2014) (PDF)
- Participation in State Assessment Committees (PDF)
- Standard Setting