The FCAT 2.0 measures student achievement of the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards in science. Students in grades 5 and 8 participate in the FCAT 2.0 Science assessment. Achievement Levels for FCAT 2.0 Science were established in 2012 through a standard-setting process. In addition, students with the requirement to pass the Grade 10 FCAT 2.0 Reading assessment will participate in retake assessments. In 2014-15, FCAT 2.0 Reading and FCAT 2.0 Mathematics assessments were replaced by the Florida Standards Assessments. Information about the previous FCAT 2.0 assessments is available at FCAT 2.0 Historical.
About the Assessments
- 2014-15 FCAT 2.0 Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Computer-Based Testing
- Spring 2014 Understanding FCAT 2.0 Reports (PDF)
- Test Design Summary (PDF)
- Florida's Transition to Computer-Based Testing for Statewide Assessments (PDF)
What's on the Assessments
To learn more about the content of the FCAT 2.0, individuals may review the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards and the Test Item Specifications. The Standards specify the expectations for student learning in Florida, and the Test Item Specifications describe how the test questions (or items) on the assessments will measure student achievement of these Standards.
Taking the Assessments
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Computer-Based Practice Tests (ePATs) for FCAT 2.0 Assessments: After the fall 2014 administration, a new version of the computer-based platform will be released for the FCAT 2.0 and Florida EOC Assessments aligned to the NGSSS. Online practice tests (ePATs) will be posted for the FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake prior to the spring administration. Correct answers to the ePAT questions (PDF, 92KB) are available for teachers and for students.
- Sample Questions and Answer Key Books:
Publications and Resources
- Archived Publications
- Cognitive Complexity Classification (PDF)
- Graduation Requirements for Florida's Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- One Year of Florida’s Assessment Committee Participants (2013-2014) (PDF)
- One Year of Florida’s Assessment Committee Participants (2012-2013) (PDF)
- Participation in State Assessment Committees (PDF)
- Information for Private Schools
- Standard Setting