Statewide assessments are developed, administered, scored, and reported by two different assessment vendors.
American Institutes for Research (AIR) administers the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA), which are aligned to the Florida Standards in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics. Unless otherwise indicated, the AIR assessments below are computer-based only (with paper-based versions for students whose individual education plans [IEPs] indicate this accommodation):
- Grade 3 FSA English Language Arts (ELA) Reading (paper-based)
- Grades 4–10 FSA ELA Reading
- Grades 4–7 FSA ELA Writing (paper-based)
- Grades 8–10 FSA ELA Writing
- Grades 3–4 FSA Mathematics (paper-based)
- Grades 5–8 FSA Mathematics
- Algebra 1 FSA End-of-Course (EOC)
- Geometry FSA EOC
- Algebra 2 FSA EOC
Practice tests for these assessments are available on the FSA portal.
Pearson administers assessments aligned to the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS). Unless otherwise indicated, the Pearson assessments below are computer-based only (with paper-based versions for students whose individual education plans [IEPs] indicate this accommodation):
- Grades 5 and 8 Statewide Science Assessment (paper-based)
- FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake
- Biology 1 EOC Assessment
- U.S. History EOC Assessment
- Civics EOC Assessment
- Algebra 1 Retake EOC Assessment (NGSSS Retake only)
Practice tests for these assessments are available at PearsonAccess.
Current Technical Requirements
Computer-Based Assessment Certification Process
- Computer-Based Testing Certification Guidelines for 2015-2016 (PDF)
- Computer-Based Assessment Certification Tool