FCAT 2.0 Achievement Level Descriptions
Achievement Level Descriptions (ALDs) outline the specific student expectations at each grade and subject for each of the five Achievement Levels. The content of each statewide assessment is organized by reporting categories that are used for test design, scoring, and reporting purposes, and the ALDs express what students at each Achievement Level know and can do for each reporting category.
The FCAT 2.0 Reading and Mathematics ALDs were posted for public review in Spring 2011; the FCAT 2.0 Science ALDs were posted for public review in Spring 2012. The final FCAT 2.0 Reading, Mathematics, and Science ALDs are linked below.
Science Achievement Level Descriptions
ALDs for Retired Assessments
The ALDs below are for assessments that are no longer administered in Florida (with the exception of the Grade 10 FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake) beginning in 2014-15.
Reading Achievement Level Descriptions
- Grade 3 FCAT 2.0 Reading (PDF, 140KB)
- Grade 4 FCAT 2.0 Reading (PDF, 139KB)
- Grade 5 FCAT 2.0 Reading (PDF, 140KB)
- Grade 6 FCAT 2.0 Reading (PDF, 145KB)
- Grade 7 FCAT 2.0 Reading (PDF, 145KB)
- Grade 8 FCAT 2.0 Reading (PDF, 145KB)
- Grade 9 FCAT 2.0 Reading (PDF, 143KB)
- Grade 10 FCAT 2.0 Reading (PDF, 144KB)
- Mathematics Achievement Level Descriptions