Accountability & Reporting
Jane Fletcher, Assistant Deputy Commissioner
325 West Gaines Street, Room 544
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
The Office of Accountability and Policy Research is responsible for the department’s accountability processes, public reporting of accountability outcomes and other information on the web, routine aggregate reporting of department information to districts and to the federal government, and providing information for ad hoc requests from the State Board of Education, communications office, legislative and governor’s offices. The office conducts research as directed by the Commissioner and the State Board of Education for the purpose of informing education policy decisions using the data maintained by the Division of Accountability, Research and Measurement. This office includes the Bureau of Accountability Reporting, the Bureau of PK-20 Education Reporting and Accessibility and the Value Added Model Team.
Bureau of Accountability Reporting
The Bureau of Accountability Reporting administers programs to provide districts and the public with school, district, and state accountability information for Florida’s PK-20 education system. The Bureau’s core programs focus on calculating and reporting school grades and annual measureable objectives (AMOs) for schools, districts, and the state in compliance with the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act (NCLB Act of 2001). The Bureau also calculates school improvement ratings for alternative schools and ESE centers, updates school placement information for Differentiated Accountability, identifies schools eligible for Florida School Recognition awards and supports other offices in the agency to address accountability information needs.
- School Grades and Accountability Reports
- School Recognition Program
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bureau of PK-20 Education Reporting and Accessibility
The Bureau of PK-20 Education Reporting and Accessibility connects people and education information for the advancement of Florida students and schools. The Bureau is responsible for PK-20 education reports, longitudinal education reports, online interactive reporting, federal and legislative reporting and reporting for approved external research requests.
Florida PK-20 Education Information Portal
- Florida’s PK-20 Education Information Portal connects people with reports and statistical information about PK-12, college, career and adult education and employment outcomes for Florida students, staff and schools. The portal provides access to interactive reports that provide overall and demographic information in a variety of formats including graphs, tables, maps and custom reports based on your interests in education-related data. The goal of this Portal is to increase the advancement of Florida students and schools by providing access to information that will facilitate important decisions about education in Florida.
- External Research Requests
- E-mail: PERADataRequests@fldoe.org
Value-Added Model Team
The Value Added Model (VAM) Team is responsible for the department's teacher value added calculations and teacher related analyses designed to support effective instruction and student learning growth.