Secondary Science Webinar January – CPALMS and Genetics
This webpage contains information and resources related to Secondary Science Instruction. The webinar begins with a tour of the resources available on the CPALMS website and FloridaStudents.org. The Genetics standards for Middle Grades Life Science and Biology are then used to identify resources on CPALMS. Test items specifications and instructional toolkits are reviewed as resources for planning.
PJ Duncan, Secondary Science Specialist, Florida Department of Education
Ashley Palelis, Computer Science Specialist, Florida Department of Education
- Effectively utilize the CPALMS website.
- Understand the supportive relationship of science standards throughout elementary, middle and high school.
- Discover resources for the effective teaching of genetics in secondary science.
- Secondary Science Webinar January – CPALMS and Genetics (1/31/2017) (WMV, 247MB)
- Secondary Science Webinar January – CPALMS and Genetics Transcript (RTF)
- PowerPoint (PDF)
- Biology Instructional Toolkit
- Grade 08 Science Test Item Specifications (PDF)
- Biology End-of-Course Test Item Specifications (PDF)
Please complete our webinar survey.