English Language Arts Standards Toolkit for Educators
The English Language Arts (ELA) Standards Toolkit for K-5 Educators is a resource for teachers based on the Language Arts Florida Standards. The toolkit contains a collection of vetted resources and interactive tools that help educators effectively implement teaching standards provided by CPALMS, the State of Florida’s official source for standards information and course descriptions. This toolkit also contains the links to the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) and Writing Professional Development Modules created by Just Read, Florida! Office.
Grade level resources which contain the following:
- The ELA standard and site link which provide a description of the standard.
- Lesson Plans that align to each standard. Some lessons are identified as incorporating science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Student Center Activities provided by Florida Center for Reading Research.
- Related Courses which are a list of ELA courses that contain the specific standard.
- Access Points that provide the expectations for students with significant cognitive disabilities.
- Teaching Ideas/Parent Resources/Worksheets links to additional lesson plans and resources that align to the standard.
- Original Student Tutorials and Accessible version of the tutorial in PDF Format are available for some of the standards. These interactive tutorials are designed to provide instruction, practice and feedback in the ELA standards.
- FSA Writing Professional Development Modules link directs you to the Just Read, Florida! website that contains videos along with Facilitator and Participant Guides that are available to use in your districts and schools during planning time or PLCs to gain deeper understanding of the Florida Standards, FSA Writing rubrics and ways to help students develop as proficient writers. http://www.fldoe.org/academics/standards/just-read-fl/fsa-pd.stml
- Kindergarten Toolkit (PDF)
- First Grade Toolkit (PDF)
- Second Grade Toolkit (PDF)
- Third Grade Toolkit (PDF)
- Fourth Grade Toolkit (PDF)
- Fifth Grade Toolkit (PDF)
- English Language Arts 9-10 Toolkit (Word)
Professional Development for Educators Toolkit
Professional Development for Educators Toolkit (Word) - The Professional Development Toolkit for K-12 Educators is an outline of courses available to teachers based on the Language Arts Florida Standards. The courses are provided by CPALMS and Just Read, Florida! to help educators increase their professional knowledge of various topics related to the Language Arts Florida Standards.