Juvenile Justice Education
DJJ Annual Report
The DJJ Annual Report provides information regarding the progress made toward developing effective educational programs. The report consists of recommendations for system improvement, legislated requirements of DJJ and DOE, profiles of students in DJJ and other dropout prevention programs, student outcomes, and funding of educational programs.
- Developing Effective Education in the Department of Juvenile Justice, Annual Report 2013-2014 (PDF)
- Developing Effective Educational Programs in Department of Juvenile Justice and Other Dropout Prevention Programs, Annual Report 2012-2013 (PDF)
- Developing Effective Educational Programs in Department of Juvenile Justice and Other Dropout Prevention Programs, Annual Report 2011-2012
- Frequently Asked Questions on Common Assessment (PDF)
- July 13, 2012 Juvenile Justice Education Webinar: Common Assessment - (PDF)
- DPS: 2011-03 -- Information on General Educational Development Preparation, General Educational Development, and the Performance-Based Exit Option for Use in Department of Juvenile Justice Education Programs (PDF)
- DPS: 2010-157: Technical Assistance Paper: State Board of Education Rule 6A-6.05281, Educational Programs for Youth in Department of Juvenile Justice Detention, Commitment, or Day Treatment Programs, Florida Administrative Code (PDF)
- DPS: 2010-155: Technical Assistance Paper: Information on the Common Assessment for Use in Department of Juvenile Justice Education Programs (PDF)
- DPS: 2010-131: Technical Assistance Paper: Offering Career Education Courses in Department of Juvenile Justice Education Programs (PDF)
- Transition Guidebook for Educational Personnel of Juvenile Justice Programs (Word)
- Report to the Legislature - No Child Left Behind in Juvenile Justice Education - February 2005 (PDF)
- Juvenile Justice Cooperative Agreements and Education Service Contracts (PDF)
- Florida Virtual School in Juvenile Justice Education Programs(PDF)
DJJ Bimonthly Forum
The DJJ Bimonthly Forum is a webinar conducted by Juvenile Justice Education Program Specialist, Curtis Williams, Ph.D. The dates and times of the next webinar can be found on the Meetings page, managed by the BEESS Resource and Information Center.
Effective Strategies and Student Engagement Institute Conference
The Effective Strategies and Student Engagement Institute is an annual conference sponsored by the Florida Department of Education. The major goal of the conference is to bring together partners and key stakeholders with Department of Juvenile Justice Education, Dropout Prevention, and School Attendance to help strengthen existing programs, to provide up to date professional development, and to facilitate access to resource development. For information on the dates and location of the next conference, please visit the Workshops and Conferences page managed by the Bureau of Family and Community Outreach.