|Text Index||Custom Search|
Florida Teachers Awarded NASA Fellowships
The NASA Endeavor Science Teaching Certificate Project awards one-year fellowships to educators annually. This year, 10 of the 40 recipients were Florida educators. Congratulations to the following teachers selected for this award:
- Jennifer Diaz, Irving and Beatrice Peskoe Elementary, Homestead
- Julie Gabrovic, Weckiva Elementary, Longwood
- Christopher Harvey, Edward H. White High School, Jacksonville
- Christina Hill, Azelea Middle School, St. Petersburg
- Amy Lund, Oakland Park Elementary, Oakland Park
- Tara Powers, Rosenwald School, Altamonte Springs
- Lesa Roe, Leesburg Elementary, Leesburg
- Amber Thibedeau of Sunrise Elementary, Palm Bay
- Michelle Tucker of Castle Creek Elementary, Orlando
- Marc Turull of Oak Hammock K-8, Port Saint Lucie
Educators accepted into the project will be exposed to current NASA science and engineering and supported in translating the information for use in classrooms.
The goal of the project is to ensure that teachers across the country can use the discoveries that NASA makes on a daily basis to inspire the next generation of explorers, scientists, engineers, and astronauts.
For more information on this project, visit http://www.us-satellite.net/nasa/endeavor.