More Success Stories >>
Florida Students Named U.S. Presidential Scholars
Four Florida high school students were announced as 2008 United States Presidential Scholars. The U. S. Presidential Scholars program honors students for academic achievement, artistic excellence, leadership, citizenship and service at school and in their community.
Congratulations to the following high school seniors:
- Anne L. Chen, Suncoast Community High School, Wellington
- Kyla D. Horn, Cocoa Beach Junior/Senior High School, Cocoa Beach
- Mark H. Kavesh, Bartow High School International Baccalaureate Program, Lakeland
- Joseph C. Parra, Dreyfoos School of the Arts, Boynton Beach*
* Presidential Scholar in the Arts
These students will be honored in Washington, D.C., June 21-24. From nearly 2.8 million graduating high school seniors, approximately 3,000 students are identified as Presidential Scholar candidates. The candidates are identified for the academic component of the U.S. Presidential Scholars program based on their scores on the College Board SAT or ACT assessment.