Just for Teachers
Just for Teachers
|Text Index||Custom Search|
LEGOLANDLEGOLAND® Florida opened October 15, 2011 and is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12, featuring more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. LEGOLAND Florida offers 8 educational programs which incorporate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) programs and the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards for grades K-6. All the programs are fun, interactive and provide a hands-on learning experience to enhance your classroom lessons. Educational programs are 45 minute long sessions. Instructional educational programs are offered Monday through Friday depending on the season and availability. Self-guided programs are available as an alternative option.
Free teacher annual passes are available to any certified Florida teacher. Visit the Free Annual Pass page for more information.
Educational resource guides are available to download from our website, which outline different activities throughout the entire park. Please visit LEGOLAND on the web or call 1-877-350-LEGO for more information.
- Tall Towers (Grades K-3): Students learn about how structures are made and what makes them strong. They will test their creation on our earthquake table.
- Funtastic Gears (Grades K-2): Students build a theme park ride using gears to alter the speed and direction.
- Get Moving (Grades 2-5): Students build a car and predict which car will win the race and why. Students will learn about friction, inertia and wind resistance.
- Energy Lab (Grades 2-6): Students build a solar powered car where they collect, store and transfer the solar energy to power the vehicle.
- Amazing Machines (Grades 3-6): Students build their own amazing machine equipped with gears, levers, and pulleys.
- Dr. Heartbeat (Grades 3-6): Students join Dr. Heartbeat and the NXT-bots to complete a variety of life-saving operations and medical procedures using a computer, light and sound sensors and motors.
- Adventure Bot (Grades 3-6): Students go on a mission using the Adventure-bots to retrieve golden marble treasures and hide them from the treasure hunters using a computer, light and sound sensors and motors.
- Robotics for Young Beginners (Grades 1-2): Students will understand introductory concepts of robotics using motors and sensors. Build a Florida alligator and make it move! Program uses WeDo Robotics LEGO Education Set.