Foreign Trained Graduates or Non-citizens
- Foreign trained applicants will follow the Steps to Certification for issuance of an initial Florida certificate. Step 1 explains the requirements for a complete application packet: a CG-10 application form, processing fee, and official documentation of degrees and credits. Please see Applicants with Foreign Academic Training for important, detailed information on acceptable documentation of degrees and credits earned outside the United States.
- The applicant with a valid U.S. social security number and U.S. state or territory mailing address should submit the Online CG-10 Application Form.
- The applicant who does not have a valid U.S. social security number and a U.S. state or territory mailing address should request a hardcopy CG-10 Application Form by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 850-245-5049 (outside U.S.) or 800-445-6739 (toll free inside U.S.).
- The applicant who is not a United States citizen may complete Step 1 (Submit Complete Application Packet) and Step 2 (Receive Official Statement of Status of Eligibility) of the Steps to Certification. However, appropriate immigration status must be established through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) prior to employment. The Bureau of Educator Certification cannot provide assistance with visas since this is strictly an employment issue. Consequently, matters related to immigration status or visas should be discussed with any prospective employer. Upon employment in an approved Florida school, the employer must submit appropriate documentation of immigration status to the Bureau of Educator Certification as one requirement for issuance of a Florida Educator Certificate.
- The Official Statement of Status of Eligibility (Step 2) lists all required certification tests Florida Teacher Certification Tests (FTCE). The testing office electronically submits passing scores to the Bureau of Educator Certification. The Bureau of Educator Certification can only accept scores that are reported under a valid U.S. social security number. The applicant’s educator certification file must reflect the same U.S. social security number.
Begin the Steps to Certification
Contact Educator Certification