|Text Index||Custom Search|
Educator Certification Rule DevelopmentActions are being considered for the following rules, granted by enabling statutes, to implement or interpret specific Educator Certification provisions. We encourage stakeholders to provide written comments and recommendations for consideration throughout the rule development process.
- Rule 6A-4.0012 Application Information s. 1012.56
- Rule 6A-4.002 General Provisions s. 1012.56
- Rule 6A-4.003 Degrees, Programs, and Credits s. 1012.56
- Rule 6A-4.004 Florida Educator's Certificates s. 1012.55
- Rule 6A-4.0051 Renewal and Reinstatement of a Professional Certificate s. 1012.585
- Rule 6A-4.006 General and Professional Preparation s. 1012.56
Educator Certification will provide official rule development notices to allow ample opportunity for public comment and requests for meetings, workshops and public hearings. Please refer to State Board Rules Under Review or the Florida Administrative Register for the department's official notices of rulemaking.
Workshops for Educator Certification Rule Development
- Meeting instructions for Tuesday, August 20, 2013, beginning at 10:00 a.m. EDT (Word, 24KB)
- Meeting instructions for Wednesday, August 21, 2013, beginning at 2:00 p.m. EDT (Word, 24KB)
- Educator Preparation and Certification Rule Workshops Presentation (PDF, 194KB)
Legislative Updates - 2013The following recently enacted Florida Laws based on bills passed during the 2013 legislative session may impact Educator Certification. Rules required or impacted by legislative act will be drafted and formally proposed as promptly as is possible.
- Chapter 2013-185 (SB1664) - Educator Preparation (PDF)
- Section 7. amends s. 1012.55, F.S., Positions for which Certificates Required
- Section 8. amends s. 1012.56, F.S., Educator certification eligibility criteria
- Senate Bill 1664 Implementation Memo - 11/15/2013 (PDF)
- Senate Bill 1664 Questions and Answers - 11/15/2013 (PDF)
- Chapter 2013-236 (SB1108) - Exceptional Student Education (ESE)
- Section 9. amends s. 1012.585, F.S., Process for renewal of professional certificates
- Senate Bill 1108 Implementation Memo - 8/23/2013 (PDF)
- Senate Bill 1108 Questions and Answers - 8/23/2013 (PDF)
Official technical assistance or other communications regarding implementation of these legislative enactments will be distributed via the department's Paperless Communications System.